Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Not So Dark Ages Assignment
Read this document for a description of your task, the number of points possible for each part, and a list of potential innovations.
For this assignment, you will:
- Research an innovation of the "Dark Ages."
- Create a model or artifact showing the innovation.
- Present your new knowledge to the class.
Consider these questions:
- What was the purpose of your technology? What was it used for?
- Why did medieval people need this technology? What did it replace?
- When did the technology first appear?
- How did your innovation change the civilization?
- How did the use of this technology expand and progress over time?
- Which social class(es) used this technology?
Welcome to the Dark Ages!
If you follow the tabs above, you will find resources in a variety of formats to help you complete your task.