Find websites evaluated by librarians at:
Internet Public Library
Scout Report Archives
Using websites found on search engines such as Google or Bing? Evaluate your findings for Authority, Currency, Objectivity, Coverage and Accuracy.
- Is an author listed?
- What are his/her credentials
- Can I contact him/her?
- Is the page published by a particular institution?
- Are they respected?
- What does the url tell you?
- When was the page published?
- Is it being maintained? Has it been updated recently?
- Are there any broken links?
- Does the publishing body have bias?
- Does the author have bias?
- Are both sides of arguments presented?
- Does the author cite his/her information sources?
- Are these sources authentic?
- Is information missing?
- Is information organized and formatted well?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is this website appropriate for my level of research?
- Are there misspellings or grammatical errors?
- Do you notice other errors?