Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Try using the Boolean Operators you learned for databases in a search engine.
Using websites found on search engines such as Google or Bing? Evaluate your findings for Authority, Currency, Objectivity, Coverage and Accuracy.
- Is an author listed? What are his/her credentials?
- Can I contact him/her?
- Is the page published by a particular institution? Are they respected?
- What does the url tell you?
- When was the page published?
- Is it being maintained?
- Has it been updated recently?
- Are there any broken links?
- Does the publishing body have bias? Does the author have bias? Are both sides of arguments presented?
Coverage Does the author cite his/her information sources? Are these sources authentic? Is information missing? Is information organized and formatted well? Who is the intended audience? Is this website appropriate for my level of research?
Accuracy Are there misspellings or grammatical errors? Do you notice other errors?