Use these links to research Shakespeare.
Shakespeare Birthplace Trust includes 13 short videos answering questions about Shakespeare's life along with information on his home.
A children's history of Shakespeare put together by the BBC.
Extensive information about the Bard's life and works from the Folger Skakespeare Library.
The Folger Shakespeare Library's children's page with fun facts.
Using websites found on search engines such as Google or Bing? Evaluate your findings for Authority, Currency, Objectivity, Coverage and Accuracy.
- Is an author listed?
- What are his/her credentials
- Can I contact him/her?
- Is the page published by a particular institution?
- Are they respected?
- What does the url tell you?
- When was the page published?
- Is it being maintained? Has it been updated recently?
- Are there any broken links?
- Does the publishing body have bias?
- Does the author have bias?
- Are both sides of arguments presented?
- Does the author cite his/her information sources?
- Are these sources authentic?
- Is information missing?
- Is information organized and formatted well?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is this website appropriate for my level of research?
- Are there misspellings or grammatical errors?
- Do you notice other errors?